- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon - cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Salt and black pepper - to taste
Yield: 2 servings
- Fry the bacon and put it aside.
- Add the oatmeal to boiling water, reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add milk and cook for another 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Cover the pot and let stand for about two minutes for the cheese to melt a little.
- Serve the mixture on a plate, top with bacon and maple syrup.