Healthy Coco Alfajores (No Oven!)
For the dough
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup oat flour + 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons white yogurt
- Lemon skin shredded
- Stevia to taste or ¼ cup of brown sugar
For the filling
- 12 dates
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 14 nuts
- Shredded Coconut
Yield: 14 Servings
- For the dough: put in the blender all the ingredients, blend until smooth. Heat with low heat a large pan, use little oil to grease it. Start forming the alfajores (round cookies) pouring 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Cook for about 5 min, until firm, but they should not be hard, more like a soft cookie. Flip them and cook them on the other side for about 5-10 seconds until cooked. Reserve in a plate.
- For the filling soak in abundant water the dates for 30 min, then throw the remaining water. Remove the nut and blend the dates with the milk or water, until smooth.
- Start forming the alfajores (like a sandwich) with one teaspoon of the filling between two cookies. Place the shredded coconut in a plate, roll the alfajores by the side on them. Decorate with a nut.