This delicious smoothie is packed with fiber, calcium, iron, and natural sweetness.
1/2 cup (45 grams) oats
1 cup (240 mL) milk
1/2 cup (160 mL) yogurt
1 1/2 cup frozen peaches or mango
1 cup cubed pineapple
1 very firmly packed cup fresh baby spinach
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- The night before, place the oats and milk in a small bowl. Put it in the fridge to soak overnight.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes, until it is very smooth. Taste; add more honey or fruit to your liking.
You can adapt this recipe in many ways, including:
- Adding 2 tablespoons of nut butter for extra protein
- Using soy, almond, or coconut milk in place of the milk and yogurt to make it lactose-free
- Adding a banana for extra sweetness and creaminess
- …and much more, so be creative!