Recipe provided courtesy of Great Tastes of Manitoba. Visit their website for video instructions on how to prepare Farm Favourite Oatmeal Pancakes and other great Manitoba recipes.
MOGA is a Product Placement Sponsor of Great Tastes of Manitoba.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) rolled Manitoba Oats
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, melted
- melted butter for cooking
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats and milk; let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Whisk eggs and 1/4 cup butter into milk/oats mixture until blended. Pour over flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Brush with a thin layer of butter. Ladle about 1/4 cup batter per pancake into skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bottoms are golden and edges look dry; turn and cook for 1-2 minutes longer or until puffed .
- Repeat with remaining batter, buttering pan between batches and adjusting heat as necessary to prevent burning.
Yields: 12 pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Great Tastes of Manitoba and the Dairy Farmers of Canada