Recipe provided courtesy of Great Tastes of Manitoba. Visit their website for video instructions on how to prepare Mushroom Lentil Patties and other great Manitoba recipes.
MOGA is a Product Placement Sponsor of Great Tastes of Manitoba.
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 Peak of the Market onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) basil
- 1 can (19oz/540 mL)lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1 Countryside Farm Vita Egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) quick cooking rolled Manitoba oats
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chopped walnuts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In non-stick fry pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onions, garlic, mushrooms and basil until soft and starting to brown.
- Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- In large bowl mash lentils coarsely (potato masher works well), stir in egg, cooked mushroom, mixture, rolled oats, Parmesan cheese, nuts, salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape into four (3/4 inch/2 cm thick) patties.
- Cook patties in lightly greased non-stick fry pan or on a greased grill over medium-high heat, 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve with choice bun or on lettuce with favourite toppings (e.g.: sautéed mushrooms, blue cheese, red onion, avocado, etc)