For the donuts:
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 banana
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 6 gr. Stevia or sweetener
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 60 gr. Dark Chocolate 60% Cocoa
- 30 gr. Chopped nuts
- Process or blend oatmeal into a fine powder.
- In a bowl or deep bowl mash the banana with a fork until a soft and smooth texture.
- Add to the mashed banana the 3 egg whites and whole egg, mix well using a whisk until blended.
- Mix the sweetener stevia or your choice.
- Add the yogurt and vanilla extract, mix again to incorporate these two ingredients in the mixture.
- Add the oats and mix well.
- Finally, add the powder: baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix one last time.
- Place the mixture in a special baking dish for donut filling ¾ parts of each.
- Bake at 180°C for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and remove the donuts.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 15 second intervals in the microwave until melted completely and decorate the donuts with chocolate and the chopped nuts.
- Another way to decorate is using a spoon forming fine threads with chocolate.
- Allow to cool so that the chocolate is firm and serve.