Bars of Oats and Parmesan
- 200 g of oats (ground)
- 100 g of fresh parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 Stick of butter without salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 OR 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Optional: chopped basil, sesame seeds, blueberries.
- Place the 200 g of oats in the blender and grind until it becomes flour. In a bowl or large container, place the oat flour, baking powder and butter at room temperature and mix.
- Once Mixed, add the grated parmesan cheese very fine, a whole egg, the yolk from the other and the mustard stirring with a spoon and then to amass.
- On the surface of the table clean sprinkled a little bit of wheat flour and continues to be kneading the mixture a few more minutes. This mass is wrapped in a bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator, sprinkle again a little bit of wheat flour and spread the dough with a rolling pin in a way that makes it a square of 20 x 20 cm with 1 cm thick, so that it can be easily shaped with hands.
- Cut with a knife over to form bars (you choose the size) and placed in a tray with wax paper. Before I put in the oven varnish with the white of egg left; that's where the imagination and the taste are flowing, on the top you can put, chopped garlic, sprigs of basil, blueberries, caramelized onions. Since the oats, combined with the cheese is ideal for the taste sweet or salty, you can even add to the mass chocolate chips, why not!
- Conventional oven to 250°F for 20 minutes, then leave to cool.
Tips: you can make a puree of tomato to soak them or a tamarind salsa or even shower them with a bit of honey.
If you want more flavor to garlic or onions you can use powder of garlic or onions without salt because the parmesan cheese it's salty.
These bars of oatmeal with parmesan are ideal for tickets, you can cut them and use them as small croutons in salads or creams, as snacks by themselves, and you can't be absent in a meeting with friends and a good red wine, you're going to love it!